Contribute to WEROW
We are looking for aspiring journalists with a passion for rowing to join our mission to create the best rowing content on the web. Journalists can write on any topic as long as it’s rowing related. Submissions will be moderated by the WEROW editor to ensure it meets our standards of balance, integrity and authority. You might already be writing for The Tab or similar online publication or writing might be something you had never considered before. WEROW represents an opportunity for rowers to write about rowing and to be read by our large and growing audience of rowers.
We are interested in receiving submissions which cover the broad reach of the sport on the water or the ergo, in the weights room or in our lives generally. These areas might include:-
- How rowing affects your life or the life of your community
- Training, diet and rehabilitation
- Historical rowing moments, competition tales, success and failure
- The new Personal Ranking Index, the national squad system or British Rowing governance.
- The success of clubs and ideas on running a financially viable boat club
- Broadening the reach of the sport
- Engaging write-ups of events, training camps and travels
- Schools & university rowing
In return for sharing their writing with us, all journalists will receive the following:
- Dress the part – regular contributors will receive a WEROW trucker cap or tee shirt
- Authors names will be fully credited next to their articles with a link back to their own website or club
- The chance to be part of an awesome team and write about a sport we all love
- Above all an opportunity to share their work with a large, worldwide rowing audience